7 Days | From £3099pp
Kenya ( Best airport: Nairobi)
Create your perfect trip with a completely bespoke itinerary at this 24,000 acre wildlife ranch. Sosian Lodge is a ranch house which has been beautifully restored to accommodate up to 14 people. Four double cottages are dotted throughout the gardens, against a backdrop of Mt Kenya with views for miles over the Laikipia Plateau. This is true unspoilt Africa. The lodge has a beautiful swimming pool, plus a tennis court, organic vegetable garden and a stable yard of 30 safari horses. The list of safari activities available is extensive and the ranch lies at an altitude of 5500ft, which makes for a perfect climate, with no record of malaria.
Level of Riding and Fitness
Riding is generally 2-3 hours in the mornings and/or afternoons and riders can spend up to 6 hours per day in the saddle. We often ride to bush breakfasts or sundowners, which seem to appear from nowhere as you turn a corner on a particularly beautiful stretch of the river or reach the top of a breathtaking escarpment. For beginners, novice riders and children there are shorter rides close to the lodge, as well as lessons in the fenced sand arena. The weight limit is 95kg.
Guides and Group Size
You’ll be guided by experienced and qualified guides who offer a bespoke riding experience. Riding groups are a maximum of 8.
Accommodation and Dining
Sosian Lodge is a welcoming and informal lodge offering a friendly home from home environment. The original main house provides classic elegance with a dining room, sitting room, bar and billiards room. Four cottages are then spread across the tropical gardens offering 6 en suite rooms, plus a family cottage, each with their own private verandas. The beautiful swimming pool and pool house provide welcome refreshment after a day out in the bush and for those with the energy, a tennis court is available for guests to use.
Your hosts at Sosian are passionate about food and over the years have nurtured their own extensive kitchen garden, becoming largely self-sufficient, growing their own salads and vegetables and sourcing high quality, farm fresh beef, chicken and lamb from their neighbours. With these wonderful ingredients, their head chef has no problem producing wholesome, organic, home cooked meals throughout your stay at Sosian. We can cater for any dietary requirements for all the family.
Get a free Sosian Lodge mini-brochure in PDF format.
7 days / 6 nights / 7 riding days
Single supplement – £259
Flights & Airport transfers
Do not book flights until you have received the Booking Confirmation email from saddletravel.com.
The meeting point is Sosian Lodge. There are several transfer options to get there from Nariobi:
1) Private charter flight to Sosian airstrip (10 minutes from the lodge) – no extra transfer charge.
2) Safarilink light aircraft flight from Wilson Airport, Nairobi to Loisaba airstrip (50 minutes from the lodge) – extra transfer fee from Loisaba to the lodge applies and includes a game drive en-route and entrance fees to Loisaba reserve.
3) Safarilink light aircraft flight from Wilson Airport, Nairobi to Nanyuki airstrip (2 hours from the lodge) – extra transfer fee from Nanyuki to the lodge and includes a game drive en-route.
We can also arrange for a meet and greet service to meet you from your international flight and transfer you from Nairobi International Airport (Jomo Kenyatta – NBO) to Wilson Airport, which is where internal charter flights operate from.
- Luxury lodge accommodation
- Conservation fees
- All drinks (excluding champagne)
- Sosian airstrip transfers
- Activities; game drives (day and night), guided walks, horse riding, camel riding, fishing, fly camping, ranching activities
- All meals
- International flights and visas
- Travel insurance